As I previously said in a blog post, I am always amazed at how few people actually read the books and / or feeding its brain with other things like Netflix and kvällsnyheter.
Don’t get me wrong, I do not think that it is enough to read scientific texts. It’s all about balance, just like when it comes to nutrition.
I was actually philosophy at the Johann Wolfgang von Goethe university in Frankfurt, and today I want to share with me one of the greatest thinkers ever. I am thinking not only of Goethe, who wrote the timeless epic and lyrical poesier as Faust or the Young of the Quran sorrows, he was also finance minister in the German court, and very interested in all of life and what humanity has to offer.
He is definitely my role model when it comes to combining a successful career, life, joy, love and curiosity for knowledge and philosophical thoughts. For me, his life is an expression of what a human being can hope to achieve during their time on this planet and I can only urge you to read everything he has ever produced, and the various biographies about him. He is one of the most fascinating people that has ever walked on this planet.
So, let us take a look at some of the quotes that this great mind had to offer us. All of these can be applied to other areas of your life than just the trade, of course. There is much to learn from these words.
1. ”Doubt can only be removed by action.”
When I started playing poker, I used to put greater emphasis on improving the psychological aspects of my game. But today, I know it was a mistake. Most of the psychological problems will disappear with the knowledge. Work with your skills and it will increase your confidence with your trading, and most of your problems will disappear. This is the simple truth.
2. ”Knowing is not enough; we must do. ”
This is obvious. I know a large part of the people who actually know what they should do, but they do not do it. In other words, discipline is the difference between failure and success.
3. ”The things that matter most, must never be at the mercy of the things that are least important.”
What matters most is that you will be profitable. What matters is that you relax on the beach. I see that people who have not done it yet go out every weekend and partying, what they celebrate?
4. ”We must always change, renew ourselves, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise cured we. ”
To have bold opinions, but was even bolder when you have to change them. Never stop to learn, you can never be ignorant. Every thought deserves a second thought. I spend at least an hour each day and read something that I don’t understand, or something that I don’t know about trading.
5. ”Life belongs to the living and the living must be prepared for changes.”
As long as you are in this game, it will never be a point where you ”succeeded”. Success is an endless process.
6. ”Do you know yourself? If I knew myself I would run away”
This is perhaps my favorite. Self-perception is dangerously underdeveloped in västkulturer and it seems especially in the part of the population that is. If people would be better at knowing their own mind, they would stop fooling themselves and finally do what needs to be done? Probably.
7. ”People who think honestly and deeply have a hostile attitude to the general public.”
There is a lot of information out there but most are blind followers rather than critical thinkers. Why? For this is how we are lifted up. An idiot in a suit ”is” an authority and everything he says must be right?
Was aggressive and hostile to the collective wisdom. It does not work.
8. ”We are our own devils; We throw out ourselves out of paradise. ”
Life could be so simple if I could just keep my inner demons in control. But this is a constant struggle and always will be until I end up in the grave.
9. ”Everything is difficult before it becomes easy.”
Some simply forget how it was when they were beginners. People are arrogant instead of humble. Even walking was difficult when you were a baby. You had to learn first and you destroyed your beautiful face more than once. Was always humble, never forget where you come from.
10. ”If you don’t feel it, you will never get it.”
If a strategy or a concept doesn’t click with you, it is likely that you will never make money on it. Find something that is meaningful to you, something that is based on principles that you think are reasonable. You must feel it. This is the only way to continue forward at a reasonable pace. Get rid of dead weight.
11. ”Talent develops in solitude, character develops in the flow of life.”
To become a better trader will just happen to you, alone in front of your desk, working with your problems with focus and discipline. The strength (the character) in order to stick to your trading plan.
12. ”Difficulties increase the nearer we reach the goal.”
Rowdy traders should not envy. It is a horrible place to be, and the longer you are in this area, the more frustrated you will become.
13. ”We are never deceived; we are fooling ourselves. ”
If you understand this quote you will make it as a trader. If you think you understood it, you did it probably not. Think about it.
14. ”I love those who yearn for the impossible.”
We yearn for the impossible and to succeed in an industry that has a 99% error is almost impossible. Nevertheless, we believe all that we should do it. Of course, as soon as your faith dies, it is your chance to guldkrukan. Never stop believing that the impossible is within reach.
15. ”We know accurately only when we know little; Doubt grows with knowledge. ”
You will remember that time when you just started. Every great trader that I know to never forget that there are hundreds of millions of pieces of information out there that is used against him, and he does not even know about them. Doubt is the name of the game.
16. ”To think is easy. To act is difficult. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking. ”
We do not know all of the feelings of huge call when we want to close a trade, but our trading plan says something else? Set & forget is a much better approach than active management for most of the traders from this perspective.
17. ”In connection with the commitment binds the whole universe to help you.”
Yes, this is really true. ”Luck” is simply the opportunity + ability, nothing else.
18. ”There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.”
19. ”As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”
As soon as you trust yourself, you will also know how to shop. It does not mean that you are ignorant or false confident of your abilities. It means that you work hard and trust your ability to come to your own conclusions. Trading is a journey, just like life. Choose the way by yourself, rely on yourself.
20. ”None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe that they are free.”
This is true for 99% of the population on this planet, unfortunately. To believe that the truth they have been implanted from childhood is the only reality. This is so difficult to look at. Critical thinking on negative levels.
21. ”We don’t need to visit a mental hospital to find disordered minds. Our planet is the universe’s insane asylum. ”
This speaks for itself ?.
22. ”You should at least listen to a little song, read one good poem, see a fine picture, and if it is possible, speak a few reasonable words.”
People who do not read and are not interested in art or music has no place in my life.
Yes, I hate routine. Routine is important, however, to make it as a trader. But I don’t want to live like a machine. It is, after all, one of the main reasons why I stopped my 9-17 job. So here I mix to it sometimes; I do crazy things like eat Pizza for breakfast, or jogging in the morning instead of at night. Trust me, these little things make a big difference in the productivity levels.
Don’t let your life be a consequence of the procedures, it is the worst.
24. ”Remember to live.”
… and don’t forget to work ?. It is about a healthy mix, it is what I always preach to all. Working hard is the shit. This is your life, you only have one chance.
I hope I could inspire some of you to read more of this great man named Goethe.